This is tiko Energy Solutions – a company part of the ENGIE Group
The tiko platform brings customers the power of a Virtual Power Plant and an award-winning Smart Home Energy Management system designed to connect Residential and SME assets. With its active VPP deployments, tiko is one of the biggest real-time Smart Grids in the world.
Our customizable, future-proof technology has the life-expectancy of a Physical Power Plant and enables the delivery of the full spectrum of energy services, including the most sophisticated.
Self-driven and open to feedback, our dynamic and multicultural start-up culture will provide you with the perfect opportunity to do excellent work, while you contribute to increasing the presence of our innovative energy management solutions worldwide.
Why it’s great to work at tiko:
17 nationalities on 3 campuses at the center of lively cities: Zürich, Paris and Milano, and a common language: English. A company where we all know each other and where your opinion matters – really!
We value our work-life balance
1st class GA in Switzerland, noise cancelling headphones, travelling time considered as working time in trains, flexible hours: we offer a flexible workplace.
A kitchen to enjoy our meals together in the office in Zürich, and an attractive shared space in Milan, cake at least once a month, numerous team events, barbecues in the summer and fondues in winter on our rooftop in Zürich… We love spending time together.
Level of employment:
You are a member of the QA team and your main responsibility is the efficient and demand-oriented test coverage of the backend software development. You have the skills to design, implement, maintain and continuously improve the processes for a secure software development lifecycle. You ensure that the test reports of all levels (Unit, CI/CD, System End2End) are merged and can be viewed transparently by the parties concerned at any time. In close collaboration with the backend development team and DevOps, you continuously design and implement the metrics to monitor the correct operation of BE core functionalities. You contribute with your knowledge to maintain a consistently clean documentation of testable software requirement specifications. Your tasks also include the development of the fleet simulation to be used for large-scale stress testing. You collaborate with the other QA team members as well as with Continuous Product Operations & Improvement.
- System Engineer with M.Sc. or experienced B.Sc. in Electronics, Computer Science, Automation or Information Technology
- At least 5 years of professional experience in quality assurance of backend software development for distributed systems
- Knowledge in Test Management and Test Automation through all levels: Unit Testing, CI/CD pipeline, System Testing, Requirement Acceptance
- Development skills to code IoT Fleet Simulation for Stress Testing
- Skilled Java, Python programmer, Haskell or functional programming knowledge is a plus
- Acquainted with development environment: Git, Jira, Confluence, TestRail
- Experience with: AWS, SQL/Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes, Zabbix
- Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory, Italian, German or French are an advantage
- Organized and systematic work approach
- You enjoy collaborating closely with other colleagues and teams in physical presence, even if you like to get things done in home office from time to time.
- Valid working permit in Italy
Information Technology & Energy Services
- Quality Assurance