This is tiko Energy Solutions – a company part of the ENGIE Group
The tiko platform brings customers the power of a Virtual Power Plant and an award-winning Smart Home Energy Management system designed to connect Residential and SME assets. With its active VPP deployments, tiko is one of the biggest real-time Smart Grids in the world.
Our customizable, future-proof technology has the life-expectancy of a Physical Power Plant and enables the delivery of the full spectrum of energy services, including the most sophisticated.
Self-driven and open to feedback, our dynamic and multicultural start-up culture will provide you with the perfect opportunity to do excellent work, while you contribute to increasing the presence of our innovative energy management solutions worldwide.
Why it’s great to work at tiko:
17 nationalities on 2 campuses at the center of lively cities: Zürich and Milan, and a common language: English. A company where we all know each other and where your opinion matters – really!
We value our work-life balance
Offices in the center of the city, noise cancelling headphones, travelling time considered as working time in trains, flexible hours and home office whenever you need: we offer a flexible workplace.
A kitchen to enjoy our meals together in the office in Zürich, and an attractive shared space in Milan, cake at least once a month, numerous team events, barbecues in the summer and fondues in winter on our rooftop in Zürich… We love spending time together.
Level of employment:
As a senior member of the QA team, you are responsible for the continuous improvement of Integration and Unit Testing processes, to assure the delivery quality of tiko products and services effectively and efficiently. Together with your colleagues will be in charge of Test Management and Test Automation, including Hardware/Firmware Device Testing, System End to End Testing, the maintenance and expansion of the Testing and Staging Environment. Your emphasis will be on Proactive Quality Assurance backed up by systematic Quality Control. You will work in strong cooperation with, FS, BE, HW Development, Cybersecurity, Energy Management System Operations as well as Product Management. You will derive test strategies and test plans from the product specifications.
- System Engineer with M.Sc. or experienced B.Sc. Electronics, Computer Science, Automation or Information Technology
- Successful track record, with at least 5 years of professional experience in Quality Assurance of Distributed Systems
- Knowledge in Test Management and Test Automation through all levels: Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Requirement Acceptance
- Knowledge in developing, building, and maintaining hybrid (hardware/software) testing landscapes and staging environments
- Fundamental knowledge in communication systems, e.g. Power Line Communication, 3G, IoT
- Deep understanding in writing test plans and automate their execution
- Eagerness to analyse field data, find root-causes, abstract the troubleshooting process (e.g. failure tree diagram) and transfer your acquired knowledge back to the organization
- Experience using various statistical and quality methodologies such as: Statistical Process Control (SPC), Statistical Quality Control (SQC), 8D, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Analysis, Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (R&R), and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Basic understanding of BE, Embedded and FS Software Architecture
- SQL query know-how a must, Python programming a plus
- Strong ability to analyse time series and log-files.
- Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory, German, Italian or French an advantage
- Organized and systematic work approach
- Valid working permit in EU or CH
Information Technology & Energy Services
- Quality Assurance