This is tiko Energy Solutions – a company part of the ENGIE Group
The tiko platform brings customers the power of a Virtual Power Plant and an award-winning Smart Home Energy Management system designed to connect Residential and SME assets. With its active VPP deployments, tiko is one of the biggest real-time Smart Grids in the world.
Our customizable, future-proof technology has the life-expectancy of a Physical Power Plant and enables the delivery of the full spectrum of energy services, including the most sophisticated.
Self-driven and open to feedback, our dynamic and multicultural start-up culture will provide you with the perfect opportunity to do excellent work, while you contribute to increasing the presence of our innovative energy management solutions worldwide.
Why it’s great to work at tiko:
17 nationalities on 2 campuses at the center of lively cities: Zürich and Milan, and a common language: English. A company where we all know each other and where your opinion matters – really!
We value our work-life balance
Offices in the center of the city, noise cancelling headphones, travelling time considered as working time in trains, flexible hours and home office whenever you need: we offer a flexible workplace.
A kitchen to enjoy our meals together in the office in Zürich, and an attractive shared space in Milan, cake at least once a month, numerous team events, barbecues in the summer and fondues in winter on our rooftop in Zürich… We love spending time together.
Level of employment:
Reporting directly to the CTO, you play a leading role in shaping tiko’s technology roadmap. You are responsible together with the CTO, and, in partnership with the Operations team, for evolving tiko’s technological infrastructure, preparing it for the next stage of growth.
tiko is already handling billions of data points per day, and our growth plans require us to scale up several orders of magnitude. You propose and design both incremental improvements and potentially radical overhauls of tiko’s architectural underpinnings to allow us to stay ahead of the competition, enter new markets and scale up quickly.
Adept at collaboration with senior developers, you build your influence through persuasion and the strength of your arguments. You take care of the whole life-cycle, starting from requirements, paying attention to the details of implementation that affect performance across multiple metrics.
Working in a hands on fashion, you prototype proposals in Java, Haskell or Python and benchmark them, then plan for, specify and manage their introduction into production.
- Experienced (7 years +) Senior Enterprise Architect with particular expertise in Internet of Things, and demonstrable experience of best practice in data architecture and cyber-security
- 7 years+ of experience in enterprise-class data-processing applications in Java, and significant experience of PostgreSQL, Kubernetes and AWS
- 5 years+ additional past experience as a developer, with a significant experience of working with time-series data
- Understanding of design of control systems is mandatory
- Proven success track record of scaling very high throughout data pipelines in the cloud
- Successful experience of working in and influencing both structured and fast growth agile and dynamic organizations
- Experience of and preference for working on several inter-disciplinary topics and finding new solutions to address our challenging requirements
- Self-reliant team player, working well in distributed organizations, and experienced at influencing distributed teams
- Organized, structured and rigorous displaying strong analytical thinking and systematic problem-solving skills
- Data driven and persuasive, an effective communicator at all levels
- Eagerness to document your work and good at sharing essential information
- Solid commercial experience of Haskell and Python
- Understanding and appreciation of data science technologies, including machine learning techniques a big plus
- Understanding of the challenges of implementing embedded firmware appreciated
- Experience in the energy sector an advantage
- English fluency is mandatory, additional languages a plus
- Valid working permit in the EU
Information Technology & Energy Services
- Information Technology