This is tiko Energy Solutions – a company part of the ENGIE Group
The tiko platform brings customers the power of a Virtual Power Plant and an award-winning Smart Home Energy Management system designed to connect Residential and SME assets. With its active VPP deployments, tiko is one of the biggest real-time Smart Grids in the world.
Our customizable, future-proof technology has the life-expectancy of a Physical Power Plant and enables the delivery of the full spectrum of energy services, including the most sophisticated.
Self-driven and open to feedback, our dynamic and multicultural start-up culture will provide you with the perfect opportunity to do excellent work, while you contribute to increasing the presence of our innovative energy management solutions worldwide.
Why it’s great to work at tiko:
17 nationalities on 3 campuses at the center of lively cities: Zürich, Paris and Milano, and a common language: English. A company where we all know each other and where your opinion matters – really!
We value our work-life balance
Offices in the center of the city, noise cancelling headphones, travelling time considered as working time in trains and flexible hours: we offer a flexible workplace.
A kitchen to enjoy our meals together in the office in Zürich, and an attractive shared space in Milan, cake at least once a month, numerous team events, barbecues in the summer and fondues in winter on our rooftop in Zürich… We love spending time together.
Zürich, Switzerland or Milano, Italy
Level of employment:
As a member of the QA team, you foster the Test-Driven Development Approach and assist the development teams to write Testable Specifications and Test Plans. You efficiently design Hardware-in-the-Loop test environment; you perform System End to End, IoT Device Blackbox and Stress Tests. You keep up with the constantly increasing demand in test coverage for our growing distributed system. To gain early insights into technical options during development, you will occasionally conduct preliminary tests with self-built system and product prototypes. Your role is cross-functional, and you collaborate with Product Management, Development and Operations.
- System Engineer with M.Sc. or experienced B.Sc. Electronics, Automation, or IT Engineering with prior professional training in practical Electronics
- 5 years of professional experience in Quality Assurance of Distributed (IoT) Systems
- SQL query know-how and Python programming is a must
- Knowledge in Test Management and Test Automation through all levels: Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Requirement Acceptance
- Experience developing, building and maintaining hybrid (hardware/software) testing landscapes and staging environments
- Experience with wireless communication systems
- Deep understanding of writing test plans and automate their execution
- Basic understanding of BE, Embedded and FS Software Architecture
- Ability to analyse time series and log-files
- Organized and systematic work approach
- Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory, French, German or Italian a big advantage
- Valid working permit in EU or CH
Information Technology & Energy Services
- Information Technology