This is tiko Energy Solutions – a company part of the ENGIE Group
The tiko platform brings customers the power of a Virtual Power Plant and an award-winning Smart Home Energy Management system designed to connect Residential and SME assets. With its active VPP deployments, tiko is one of the biggest real-time Smart Grids in the world.
Our customizable, future-proof technology has the life-expectancy of a Physical Power Plant and enables the delivery of the full spectrum of energy services, including the most sophisticated.
Self-driven and open to feedback, our dynamic and multicultural start-up culture will provide you with the perfect opportunity to do excellent work, while you contribute to increasing the presence of our innovative energy management solutions worldwide.
Why it’s great to work at tiko:
17 nationalities on 3 campuses at the center of lively cities: Zürich, Paris and Milano, and a common language: English. A company where we all know each other and where your opinion matters – really!
We value our work-life balance
1st class GA in Switzerland, noise cancelling headphones, travelling time considered as working time in trains, flexible hours: we offer a flexible workplace.
A kitchen to enjoy our meals together in the office in Zürich, and an attractive shared space in Milan, cake at least once a month, numerous team events, barbecues in the summer and fondues in winter on our rooftop in Zürich… We love spending time together.
Milan, Italy or Zurich, Switzerland
Level of employment:
As a member of the Devices Development team, you will be part of a team creating new devices from scratch. You will take care of the whole products lifecycle which consists in requirements definition, documents creation accordingly to waterfall approach, developing in C language and participating in the creation and maintenance of the manufacturing platform. Device certification as a last step. You collaborate with the other teams daily, in agile mode.
Organized, structured and rigorous, you display strong analytical thinking and systematic problem-solving skills. You are eager to document your work and good at sharing essential information. You love working on several inter-disciplinary topics and to find new solutions to address our challenging requirements. You are a self-reliant team player with a proven track record of successes.
- Strong experience in C coding for embedded micro-controllers or embedded Linux
- Deep understanding of RTOS dynamics and ability to do real time troubleshooting
- Proficient in both low-level drivers and in higher level logic, in constrained resources embedded environments
- Able to read and understand schematic in analog and digital domain
- Able to use Lab instrumentation for code debugging and validation
- Proficient in Code-Reviews, Unit and System testing
- Able to follow concurrent tasks
- Nice to have: background in PLC (Power Line Communication), Wi-Fi, BLE, ISM RF, software implications on EMC
- English fluency is mandatory, additional languages a plus
- Valid working permit in EU
Information Technology & Energy Services
- Information Technology