This is tiko Energy Solutions – a company part of the ENGIE Group
The tiko platform brings customers the power of a Virtual Power Plant and an award-winning Smart Home Energy Management system designed to connect Residential and SME assets. With its active VPP deployments, tiko is one of the biggest real-time Smart Grids in the world.
Our customizable, future-proof technology has the life-expectancy of a Physical Power Plant and enables the delivery of the full spectrum of energy services, including the most sophisticated.
Self-driven and open to feedback, our dynamic and multicultural start-up culture will provide you with the perfect opportunity to do excellent work, while you contribute to increasing the presence of our innovative energy management solutions worldwide.
Why it’s great to work at tiko:
17 nationalities on 3 campuses at the center of lively cities: Zürich, Paris and Milano, and a common language: English. A company where we all know each other and where your opinion matters – really!
We value our work-life balance
1st class GA in Switzerland, noise cancelling headphones, travelling time considered as working time in trains and flexible hours: we offer a flexible workplace.
A kitchen to enjoy our meals together in the office in Zürich, and an attractive shared space in Milan, cake at least once a month, numerous team events, barbecues in the summer and fondues in winter on our rooftop in Zürich… We love spending time together.
Milan, Italy; Paris, France or Zurich, Switzerland
Level of employment:
As part of the Data Science Team, you’ll work with high resolution time series data. You contribute to the development and maintenance of the infrastructure necessary for our big data pipelines. You’ll use your knowledge and past experience as a data engineer to design and implement new approaches for data ingestion, collection and transformation to accelerate and strengthen the set-up of ML applications. You have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy exchanging with other technical teams such as the Backend and DevOps teams as well as product and operational (client-facing) teams.
- Degree in computer science, statistics, data-science or similar experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a data engineer.
- Experience in building big data pipelines in Python incl. in-depth knowledge of airflow and pandas.
- Comfortable designing, populating and retrieving data with SQL databases.
- Experience setting up services on Kubernetes with AWS
- Experience deploying machine learning models (sklearn, keras), including a deep understanding of how best to train, persist and retrieve models at production scale.
- English fluency mandatory, fluency in German or French an advantage.
- Valid working permit in CH or EU citizenship.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Gitlab CI/CD
- Experience with time series specific databases (eg. Timescale).
- Knowledge of MLFlow.
- Experience with data streaming (Kafka, Spark/Flink).
- Interest/experience in energy/sustainability sector.
Information Technology & Energy Services
- Technical Project Management
- Information Technology