This is tiko Energy Solutions – a company part of the ENGIE Group
The tiko platform brings customers the power of a Virtual Power Plant and an award-winning Smart Home Energy Management system designed to connect Residential and SME assets. With its active VPP deployments, tiko is one of the biggest real-time Smart Grids in the world.
Our customizable, future-proof technology has the life-expectancy of a Physical Power Plant and enables the delivery of the full spectrum of energy services, including the most sophisticated.
Self-driven and open to feedback, our dynamic and multicultural start-up culture will provide you with the perfect opportunity to do excellent work, while you contribute to increasing the presence of our innovative energy management solutions worldwide.
Why it’s great to work at tiko:
17 nationalities on 2 campuses at the center of lively cities: Zürich and Milan, and a common language: English. A company where we all know each other and where your opinion matters – really!
We value our work-life balance
1st class GA in Switzerland, noise cancelling headphones, travelling time considered as working time in trains, flexible hours: we offer a flexible workplace.
A kitchen to enjoy our meals together in the office in Zürich, and an attractive shared space in Milan, cake at least once a month, numerous team events, barbecues in the summer and fondues in winter on our rooftop in Zürich… We love spending time together.
Level of employment:
As a member of the QA team, you are jointly responsible for the continuous improvement of Integration and Unit Testing processes, to assure the delivery quality of tiko products and services effectively and efficiently. Together with your colleagues, you will be responsible for Test Management and Test Automation, including Hardware/Firmware Device Testing, System End to End Testing, as well as the maintenance and expansion of the hardware in the loop testing and staging environment. Your emphasis will be on Proactive Quality Assurance backed up by systematic Quality Control. You will work in strong cooperation with, FS, BE, HW Development, Cybersecurity, Energy Management System Operations as well as Product Management. You will derive test strategies and test plans from the product specifications.
- System Engineer with M.Sc. or experienced B.Sc. Electronics, Computer Science, Automation, or Information Technology
- Successful track record, with at least 5 years of professional experience in Quality Assurance of Distributed Systems
- Deep understanding in writing test plans and automate their execution
- Knowledge in Test Management and Test Automation through all levels: Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Requirement Acceptance
- Hands-on knowledge in developing, building, and maintaining hybrid (hardware/software) testing landscapes and staging environments
- SQL query and Python programming know-how a must
- Fundamental knowledge in communication systems, e.g., Power Line Communication, 3G, IoT
- Basic understanding of BE, Embedded and FS Software Architecture
- Eagerness to analyze field data, find root-causes, abstract the troubleshooting process (e.g., failure tree diagram) and transfer your acquired knowledge back to the organization
- Strong ability to analyze time series and log-files.
- Organized and systematic work approach
- Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory, German, Italian or French an advantage
- Valid working permit in CH or EU citizenship
Information Technology & Energy Services
- Quality Assurance