This is tiko Energy Solutions – a company part of the ENGIE Group
The tiko platform brings customers the power of a Virtual Power Plant and an award-winning Smart Home Energy Management system designed to connect Residential and SME assets. With its active VPP deployments, tiko is one of the biggest real-time Smart Grids in the world.
Our customizable, future-proof technology has the life-expectancy of a Physical Power Plant and enables the delivery of the full spectrum of energy services, including the most sophisticated.
Self-driven and open to feedback, our dynamic and multicultural start-up culture will provide you with the perfect opportunity to do excellent work, while you contribute to increasing the presence of our innovative energy management solutions worldwide.
With 17 nationalities represented among our employees, you’ll be at ease at tiko wherever you come from. Our working language is English, and our common culture is open-mindedness. With offices in Zurich and Milan, we offer lively work places.
Why it’s great to work at tiko:
- We live by the motto ‘work hard, play hard’
- We are an international team representing 17 countries and we like to bring back treats from our travels – join this culinary experience
- We are a team where everyone knows each other and where your opinion matters – really
- We offer free tea and coffee
- We love to barbecue for lunch on the terrace in summer and have fondue in winter
Duration of the internship to be mutually agreed (ideally 6 months).
As tiko’s Cybersecurity trainee, you’ll be responsible to keep our Security Operations Center (SOC) updated, build new pipelines for analyzing data from our systems for benchmarking, alarming or troubleshooting. You will collaborate with the international team of experts in order to automate jobs – especially for anomaly detection. Part of the internship will also include conceptual work (architecture, regulation, norms) and management presentations.
- Proficiency in unix-based (e.g. debian) operating systems, network technologies, and basic troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in e.g. tinkering your own Raspberry Pi projects would be an advantage.
- Experience in basic scripting, log analysis, and ability to clearly document your work would be desirable.
- SQL knowledge and programming languages are a plus.
- English fluency is mandatory, fluency in Italian, Spanish or French is an advantage
- Valid working permit in EU
Master student in Computer Science
Information Technology & Energy Services
- Information Technology