This is tiko Energy Solutions – a company part of the ENGIE Group
The tiko platform brings customers the power of a Virtual Power Plant and an award-winning Smart Home Energy Management system designed to connect Residential and SME assets. With its active VPP deployments, tiko is one of the biggest real-time Smart Grids in the world.
Our customizable, future-proof technology has the life-expectancy of a Physical Power Plant and enables the delivery of the full spectrum of energy services, including the most sophisticated.
Self-driven and open to feedback, our dynamic and multicultural start-up culture will provide you with the perfect opportunity to do excellent work, while you contribute to increasing the presence of our innovative energy management solutions worldwide.
Why it’s great to work at tiko:
17 nationalities on 3 campuses at the center of lively cities: Zürich, Paris and Milan, and a common language: English. A company where we all know each other and where your opinion matters – really!
We value our work-life balance
1st class GA in Switzerland, noise cancelling headphones, travelling time considered as working time in trains, flexible hours: we offer a flexible workplace.
A kitchen to enjoy our meals together in the office in Zürich, and an attractive shared space in Milan, cake at least once a month, numerous team events, barbecues in the summer and fondues in winter on our rooftop in Zürich… We love spending time together.
Milan, Italy; Zurich, Switzerland or Paris, France
Level of employment:
As part of the backend team, you design, implement and test new services based on our inhouse purpose-built energy solutions. You analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our system. You conduct design and code reviews. You interface with other teams to incorporate their innovation and vice versa.
- BSc or Masters in Computer Science or similar proven experience
- Good knowledge of at least one functional programming language (Haskell or Scala)
- Some experience in Haskell or strong motivation to learn it
- Familiarity with Java or modern C++ programming language
- Commitment to clear, modular, composable and reusable code
- Commitment to writing clear and concise documentation
- Excellent communication skills, capable of describing complex technical issues
- Some experience with Nix build system appreciated
- Some experience with Kafka appreciated
- Fluent English mandatory, French, German or Italian an advantage
- Valid working permit in EU
Information Technology & Energy Services
- Information Technology